Friday, September 14, 2012

Twice-baked potatoes- A New Favorite

My friend Ashley, whose husband is also away right now, invited us over for dinner last week.  She made twice-baked potatoes, and my kids loved them! (me too!)  I don't have an exact recipe, I just sort of copied what she did.  The second time they were even better because I added more milk and mixed the toppings into the potatoes.

I usually bake about 8 potatoes, depending on size. I cut them in half length-wise right after I get them out of the oven, then let them cool off for a few minutes. Then I scoop the insides into a bowl, mix in some milk, softened butter, salt and pepper, mash it all up, like I'm making mashed potatoes.  Then, the fun part, add some shredded cheese, bacon pieces, and broccoli (I sauté it first with onions or garlic), you could use whatever toppings/add-ins you want. Refill the potato skins with the mash mixture. Usually I do all of the early in the day and let them sit until I'm ready to bake them again. It usually takes 20-30 minutes at 350 to reheat them and brown them just a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment