This recipe is from my great friend Heather. We got together one day at her house to make a big batch, fun times! Andrew and Creed were buddies, and he still talks about him. Eden always wished our house could look more like Miss Heather's because she's such a great decorator. We miss them!
Granola
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 cups shredded coconut (or flakes)
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup sesame seed, wheat germ, and/or ground flax
1/2 cup shelled sunflower seed
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup dried apricots, snipped
1/2 cup raisins
In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients, except dried fruit. In a separate bowl, combine honey and oil, then stir it into the oat mixture. Spread evenly in a 9x13 pan. Bake at 300 45-50 minutes or till light brown; stir every 15 minutes.
Remove from oven; remove to another pan to cool, stirring often to prevent clumping. Stir in apricots and raisins. Store in tightly covered jars or plastic bags. To keep more than two weeks, freeze. Makes 6 1/2 cups
*I usually double this when I make it and use a baker's half-sheet instead of the 9x13 pan. I use 1/2 c. sesame, 1/4 cup wheat germ, 1/4 ground flax seed. Sometimes I use dried cranberries instead of raisins.
*At higher altitudes, turn down the heat, stir every 10 minutes, 30-40 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment